- What This Privacy Notice Covers
- Personal Data We Collect & How We Use The Personal Data
- When CausalFunnel Discloses Personal Data
- Customer End User Data
- International Transfer
- Our Commitment To Data Security
- Choices About How We Use & Disclose Information We Collect From You
- Other Information About Our Privacy Practices
- Updates & Changes To The Privacy Notice
- Contact Us
Welcome to CausalFunnel!CausalFunnel, Inc. (“CausalFunnel”, “The company”, “we,” or “us”) is a cloud-based product analytics platform that helps customers drive better engagement and conversion. CausalFunnel respects the privacy of individuals and is committed to protecting the information of visitors to the website (“Visitors”) and individuals or entities that register to use the CausalFunnel products and services through the Website (“Customers”). This Privacy Notice describes CausalFunnel’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing information in relation to Visitors of the website, causalfunnel.com, including our Community Forum (“Website”), CausalFunnel’s marketing activities, and Customers accessing and using the products and services available on the Website (collectively, “Product”). Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information collected through the Website, through your use of the Product, through our marketing activities and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with the below policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website or register to use the Product through our Website.
What This Privacy Notice Covers
This Privacy Notice covers how we treat Personal Data that we gather when you access or use our Product. Specifically, CausalFunnel is the controller of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice, when it collects personal information from:
- Visitors to CausalFunnel’s publicly available Website;
- Customers when our Customers register to use the Product through the Website or access their account through CausalFunnel’s account portal at: https://www.causalfunnel.com/login ; and
- When we receive personal information from you related to our marketing activities. For clarity, this Privacy Notice does not apply when CausalFunnel processes Personal Data in the role of a processor on behalf of its Customers, including with respect to the processing of our Customer End User Data (as defined below). In addition, this Privacy Notice does not apply to the mobile applications, websites or services offered by our Customers or other third-parties. Throughout this Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” means any information that identifies or relates to a particular individual and also includes information referred to as “personally identifiable information” or “personal information” under applicable data privacy laws, rules or regulations.
Personal Data We Collect & How We Use The Personal Data
The Personal Data you provide to us directly.
- You provide to us your Personal Data when you voluntarily fill in forms on our Website such as when you request a demo or to contact sales. This Personal Data may include: first and last name, company name, job title, work email address, phone number and the content of your request.
- You may also share Personal Data with us through our Website when you sign up to register for an event, to receive our newsletter, subscribe to our blog, register to contribute and participate in our Community Forum, register for an event, to receive our newsletter, subscribe to our blog, register for an online webinar, download a white paper, playbook, or complete a survey. This Personal Data may include: first and last name, company name, job title, work email address, phone number and the content of your request.
- In order to access and use the Product, you are required to register for an account with us. When you register for an account, you may provide Personal Data to us, including first and last name, email address, company name, telephone number, physical address, username and password.
- In order to participate in CausalFunnel’s marketing or bussiness parternership program, you may provide your credit card or other payment details information directly to our third party payment processor. As explained below, CausalFunnel does not store this information.
- You may also provide CausalFunnel with your personal information at a marketing event. This Personal Data may include: first and last name, company name, job title, work email address, phone number and the content of your request.
The Personal Data we collect from third party sources.
CausalFunnel may obtain Personal Data about you from third parties, including, but not limited to, marketing event organizers, partners and resellers. This information may include your first and last name, company name, job title, work email address, phone number and address. CausalFunnel requires that any third party providing it with information has obtained the information lawfully and the third party has obtained the appropriate consent to share the information with CausalFunnel.
- Service providers. For example, we may use third party providers of business contact information. The Personal Data provided by these Service providers to us about you may include your business mailing addresses, job titles, business email addresses and business phone numbers, and LinkedIn URLs for purposes of delivering relevant email content, advertisements and events.
- Advertising partners. We receive information about you from some of our service providers who assist us with marketing or promotional services, related to how you interact with our Website, event promotions, advertisements or communications.
Information We Collect Automatically:
- The data automatically collected from cookies and web beacons may include information from your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language) and details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data and logs, page views, length of visit and website navigation paths as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address and how you interact with our Product. We collect this data in order to help us improve our Website, the Product and the user experience with our Website and Product.
- CausalFunnel currently does not support Do Not Track signals set by your browser because there is not an industry or legal standard for these signals. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
- The information we collect automatically may also include statistical and performance information arising from our Customers’ use of our Product and Visitors to our Website. This type of data will only be used by us in an aggregated and anonymized manner.
- You can decide whether or not to accept cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending upon the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and the Product, Website and functionalities may not work.
- To explore what cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about cookies, including information about how to manage and delete cookies, please visit -> https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies or https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
3.2 The way CausalFunnel uses your personal data.
- We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Data, in order to respond to a request from you, to carry out our legal obligations, to fulfill a contract with you, to protect your vital interests, to provide you with notices and for other purposes with your consent as described below.
- We use the Personal Data you provide to us when you fill in forms on our Website to respond to your request and to contact you about that request. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is our legitimate interest in communicating with you and fulfilling your requests.
- We may use your Personal Data to provide the Product to you as well for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the Website, the Product or for customer service purposes). Our legal basis for processing this Personal Data is in the performance of our contract to provide the Product or other services to you.
- We also use the Personal Data you provide to us for the purpose of operating our Website, ensuring the security and integrity of our Website and Product and maintaining back-ups of our databases. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of and security of our Website and Product.
- For Personal Data and information that we collect through tracking technologies about your interaction with our Website and Product, we use this information for analyzing the use of the Website and Product in order to improve the quality and design of our Website and the user experience with our Website and Product. Our legal basis for processing this type of data is our legitimate interests, namely, to provide you with a better user experience.
- We may use the Personal Data you provide to us at marketing events, when you register for an online webinar or download a whitepaper for the purpose of offering, marketing and selling products and services to you. Our legal basis for processing this Personal Data is consent, which you can withdraw at any time.
- We may also use any of your Personal Data identified in this Privacy Notice for the purposes of:
- Enforcing our agreements and policies, including Terms of Service or Master Service Agreement,
- Protecting or defending CausalFunnel’s legal rights;
- Protecting your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person; or
- Complying with a legal obligation.
We may use your Personal Data for any other business purpose stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
- We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
- As noted in the list above, we may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers or email you about your use of the Product or Website. Also,
- we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our Website and Product. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by emailing us at email@example.com.
When CausalFunnel Discloses Personal Data
- We may disclose Personal Data that we collect, or you provide to us as described below. CausalFunnel does not share or sell your Personal Data with any third parties for direct marketing purposes.
- We may disclose Personal Data that we collect, or you provide to us to our subsidiaries and affiliates. This Personal Data may include first and last name, email address, phone number, geolocation data, commercial information, and professional or employment-related information.
- We may share your Personal Data collected from you as described in this Privacy Notice with third-party service providers who need to access the Personal Data in order to perform services on behalf of CausalFunnel, such as processing or storing such information or providing analytics services on our behalf. The third-party service providers are limited to using the Personal Data solely to provide the services to us and are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. This Personal Data may include first and last name, email address, phone number, geolocation data, commercial information and professional or employment-related information.
- We may share your Personal Data and information if we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, respond to a court order, subpoena or a government request (such as a search warrant). If a government requests or other legal process requires CausalFunnel to disclose your personal data, then CausalFunnel will use reasonable efforts to provide you with prior notification of the disclosure unless CausalFunnel is prohibited by law from doing so.
- CausalFunnel also reserves the right to disclose your Personal Data that CausalFunnel believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (i) enforce our agreements and policies, including for billing and collection purposes, (ii) protect the security or integrity of the Website or CausalFunnel’s products and services; or (iii) protect or defend CausalFunnel’s legal rights.
- In the event that CausalFunnel is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign your Personal Data we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
- CausalFunnel may disclose non-personally identifiable information about Visitors to the Website or our Customers’ use of the Product that does not identify any individual in the aggregate in published studies without restriction. CausalFunnel will not compromise the confidentiality of your Personal Data in publishing these studies or publish any identifying information.
- CausalFunnel may disclose Personal Data to third-party business partners at your direction, if you access the third-party business partners through the Product or Website.
- CausalFunnel may disclose Personal Data that we collect, or you provide to us for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
Sales of Personal Data
CausalFunnel has not sold your Personal Data over the last twelve (12) months and CausalFunnel does not sell Personal Data. For purposes of this section, we use the term ‘sell’ as it is defined in the CCPA.
Customer End User Data
his Privacy Notice does not apply to Customer End User Data or Customer Applications.With respect to CausalFunnel’s Customers, CausalFunnel is a processor, and CausalFunnel processes the Personal Data collected by our Customers and sent to the CausalFunnel platform only in accordance with the instructions of our Customers. Our Customers may integrate into their mobile applications, websites or other services (collectively, “Customer Applications”) certain aspects of our Product in order to understand how their own users (“Customer End Users”) engage with the Customer Applications (“Customer End User Data”).
While CausalFunnel recognizes that an individual has the right to access, delete and amend the data collected about that individual, CausalFunnel does not have a relationship with the Customer End Users but rather only with our Customers. If you are a Customer End User and you would like to access, amend or delete your data, then you need to contact the Customer directly and CausalFunnel will respond within a reasonable period of time to any such request by our Customer.
CausalFunnel only retains the Customer End User Data we process on behalf of our Customers for as long as necessary to provide the Product to our Customers or as required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce any agreement.
International TransferThe data servers CausalFunnel uses to provide the Website and Product are located in the United States. By interacting with the Website or using the Product, you understand that your personal data will be transferred to the United States and you consent to such transfer.
Our Commitment To Data Security
CausalFunnel uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
However, you are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and other information used by you to access the Website or use the Product. While CausalFunnel does its best to protect your Personal Data, CausalFunnel cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website because the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of your Personal Data is done at your own risk and CausalFunnel cannot guarantee that such Personal Data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards, and except as expressly required by law, we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Data or information. If CausalFunnel learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. CausalFunnel may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at hi@CausalFunnel.com.
Choices About How We Use & Disclose Information We Collect From You
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us and we understand that you have the right to access, correct, delete, object to and restrict our use of your Personal Data. We also understand that you have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data from us and to withdraw your consent of the processing of your Personal Data by us. Please note that the rights set forth in this Section 8 apply globally to all Visitors and Customers, whether or not you are a California resident or a resident of the European Union, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your Personal Data:
- You may choose not to provide Personal Data through our Website or when you register for the Product, in which case CausalFunnel may not be able to provide certain services to you or respond to your requests.
- You can access, review and change your Personal Data by logging into your account on the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at hi@CausalFunnel.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Data that you have provided to us. In some cases, we may not be able to delete your Personal Data except by also deleting your user account.
- If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by us to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to hi@CausalFunnel.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe to receive future emails via the unsubscribe link in that email. The opt out specified above does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
- You may also request a copy of your Personal Data that you have provided to us directly by sending an email to hi@CausalFunnel.com. We will provide you a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic form.
Please note to exercise the rights set forth above we may ask you to: (1) provide sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) describes request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify you and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 30 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You may submit a Valid Request using the following methods:
- Email us at hi@CausalFunnel.com
- Submitting a form at this address:
43675 Montrose Ave,
Fremont, CA 94538
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the GDPR, CCPA or other applicable data privacy laws or regulations. We will not deny you our goods or services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you a lower quality of goods and services if you exercise your rights under the GDPR, CCPA or other applicable data privacy laws or regulations.
Other Information About Our Privacy Practices
9.1 Our Retention Practices
Personal Data that CausalFunnel collects and processes as a controller for the purposes identified in this Privacy Notice are not kept by CausalFunnel for longer than is necessary for the specific purpose identified in this Privacy Notice unless CausalFunnel is required to retain your Personal Data for a longer period of time to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your Personal Data to comply with applicable laws or regulations), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies. Personal Data that CausalFunnel processes on behalf of its Customers as a processor is retained for the period of time specified in the agreement between CausalFunnel and its Customers, unless CausalFunnel is required to retain the Personal Data for a longer period of time to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your personal information to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
9.2 Children’s Privacy
CausalFunnel does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data directly from Visitors of the Website that are under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not provide or send us any Personal Data or attempt to register for or otherwise use the Product. If we learn that a child under 13 has directly provided us with their Personal Data through the Website, then we will delete that information. If you believe a child under 13 has registered for an account on the Website, please contact us at hi@CausalFunnel.com.
9.3 Other Websites; Links
Our Website may contain links to other third party websites or applications (such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter). This Privacy Notice does not apply to any third party websites, including through any application that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website, and CausalFunnel is not responsible for the privacy policies and the content of the third party websites or applications.